Want to take that perfect selfie to show the friends back home what you’re doing in the Yakima Valley? Here are a few suggestions for some of the best selfie locations up and down the valley. Start your trip with a selfie at the Yakima Valley Visitor Information Center by the “Welcome to the Yakima Valley” sign and the HUGE wine barrel!
WINERIES & VINEYARDS
- Wilridge Winery’s vineyards are bordered with a walking path down into Cowiche Canyon.
- Bonair Winery has beautiful vineyards next to their French chateau-style winery.
- Paradisos Del Sol next to their Wine Dragon metal sculpture.
- Silverlake Winery overlooking their beautiful vineyard with the hills in distance.
- Treveri Cellars’ patio on a clear day with Mount Adams in the distance.
- Take a drive along Gilbert Road in Zillah. Snap a selfie with vineyards and the Hyatt Winery windmill in distance.
- Walter Clore Center – Take a picture with the father of Washington wine (well, a statue of him anyway)!
- Take a selfie with a horse on the Red Mountain Trail Ride to the wineries of Benton City.
- Visit Sunnyside and take a selfie next to the bronze statue of Ben Snipes branding a calf, pose next to astronaut Bonnie Dunbar’s statue, or take a selfie with the statue of the girl milking a cow on the Centennial Pathway.
- Do your best “teapot” pose at the Historic Teapot Dome in Zillah.
- Downtown Yakima – In front of the Historic Capitol Theatre during the day, or in front of the multicolored lights of the Larson Building at night.
- The Merci Train Boxcar, one of 49 French railroad boxcars that was a “thank-you” gift to the United States in 1949, on display in Sarg Hubbard Park on the Yakima Greenway.
- Sitting on one of the antique tractors at the Central Washington Ag Museum.
- Take a selfie in front of the covered wagon in Union Gap.
- Sitting on one of the cement dinosaurs scattered throughout Granger.
- In front of the “Welcome to Tieton” mosaic sign, or one of the other artfully produced mosaic signs that Mighty Tieton has created.
- In the Neon Garden in the Yakima Valley Museum.
- Take a picture with the conductor of the Yakima Electric Railway Museum Trolley before hopping aboard for a ride.
SELFIES ON THE FARM
- Bale Breaker Brewery is set in the middle of a working hop field.
- WA Fruit Place at Barrett’s Orchards’ cherry orchards makes a great spot for selfies.
- Johnson Orchards features a 100 year old farm fruit stand.
- Jones Farms’ apple orchards in the summer, and pumpkins and their hay maze in the fall.
- Thompson Farm Market’s pig race and pumpkin cannon makes for some awesome selfies.
- Bills Berry Farm – Take selfies with their ponies at one of the many farm festivals.
- Tree Top Visitor Center – Take a selfie where Tree Top juice comes from!
One thought on “Best Places to Take a Selfie”