Bring the whole family for fall harvest fun in one of Washington State’s most diverse agricultural area, the Yakima Valley! Experience the fun and flavors of harvest, from hay rides to corn mazes, pumpkin patches to apple picking and so much more! Create a new family tradition and priceless memories at our Yakima Valley farms, events and museums!
- This weekend the Central Washington State Fair is the biggest harvest festival of the year! Started in 1892 as an agricultural celebration, the fair has grown into the largest celebration of its kind in Central Washington. The kids will enjoy the petting zoo, farm animals and farm machinery displays, as well as learning about the fruit and produce of the Yakima Valley. Then, there are the fair thrills we all love: carnival rides, live shows, fair food and so much more! The fair runs from September 22nd- October 1st, so grab whole family come party!
- Prosser Harvest Fest and The Great Prosser Balloon Rally – Coming up this weekend, September 23-25, you can watch dozens of hot air balloons take to the sky over Prosser! All weekend in Prosser is full of fun, family activities, including the Harvest Festival, Farmers Market, and the Caren Mercer-Andreason Street Painting Festival. And the balloons gather at Art Fiker Stadium for the unforgettable Night Glow Show at dusk. (Weather permitting, and there is free admission and parking.)
- Apple and Pumpkin Festival at Bill’s Berry Farm – The whole family will enjoy the day down on the farm! Start with a hayride through the orchards to pick your apples for the Squeeze-Your-Own-Cider, then skip over for some fun with the apple slingshots, the Barnyard Train, Farm Store, kid’s playgrounds, hot apple cider donuts, pony rides, Barnyard Mystery Corn Maze, straw climb, steer roping, and barbecue! Be sure to check out the tube slide on the straw stack, and bring home a homemade pie. Join the fun the last two Saturdays in September, and every Friday and Saturday in October from 9am to 5pm.
- Pumpkin Patch at Thompson’s Farm – Have you ever seen a pumpkin fired from cannon? Thompson’s Farm’s giant pumpkin cannon at fires a giant pumpkin every hour! Watch the pig races, take a hay ride through the orchard, or stomp through the pumpkin patch looking for the biggest pumpkins. The kids will love “panning” for gems and playing with water pumps in the play area. There are fresh-made pumpkin donuts, beverages and popcorn available for purchase, and you can also run out in the orchard and pick your own apples! Open weekends in October from 9am to 4pm.
- WA Fruit Place at Barrett Orchards, “October Days” – Bring the kids on the weekends throughout October to enjoy the hay maze, pumpkin patch, hay rides and freshly squeezed apple cider! Pick up farm fresh fruit for your holiday pies and maybe a gift or two at their quaint gift shop!
- All Natural U Pick – Bring the whole family to help pick your own fruits and veggies. There are toys for the kids to play on and picnic areas for the whole family to gather together. Pick peaches, apples, pears, pumpkins, basil, squash and more. This is a genuine working family farm with plenty of down-home appeal.
- The Central Washington Agriculture Museum is located in Union Gap, and it’s one of the best places to absorb a little of Washington State’s agricultural heritage, since it’s the largest museum of its kind in the Pacific Northwest. The museum consists of 29 covered buildings and more than 15 acres filled with displays and exhibits. On view are horse drawn equipment, early mechanical farm machinery, antique tractors, farm tools, farm equipment and several homestead exhibits. You’ll see machines that helped build this agricultural country into the bountiful croplands you see today. From a Classic 10-20 McCormick Deering Tractor to a portable hop picking machine, a pea picker, a 1930’s gasoline station, a working sawmill and much more.
In addition to these spots, there are also many local farms and farmers markets open so you can get your farm fresh produce, and many more farm events going on throughout fall. Come visit us and enjoy the abundance of the Yakima Valley fall harvest season!