It doesn’t matter what day of the week you roll into town, there is always something going on in the Yakima Valley great live music scene! In addition to all the usual summer live music events in the Yakima Valley, there are free concerts on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday evenings all throughout the summer, so start the weekend early and enjoy without opening your wallet!
Yakima Valley Community Band concerts at Randall Park. Starting on the 4th of July and continuing through August 1, from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. These free live concerts are held at the beautifully renovated Randall Park, located in a wonderful residential area of Yakima.
Downtown Summer Nights in the heart of Downtown Yakima. The event is free and open to all ages. The 10-show series runs from June 14th through August 16th, from 5:30 to 9:00 p.m. Every Thursday, dance to two bands and visit the YCH Hops Beer Garden to enjoy a craft beverage on Historic North Front Street. There are even misting tents for those especially hot evenings, and activity areas for the whole family and food from Front Street restaurants.
- June 14th – Blake Noble Band and The Talbott Brothers
- June 21st -Too Slim & the Taildraggers and Flatland Cavalry
- June 28th -The Pazific and Jayleigh Ann & the Lost Boys
- July 5th _ Kara Hesse Band and SuperMother
- July 12th _ Whiskey Shivers and Bradford Loomis
- July 19th _ Down North and Tempest Band
- July 26th – Indigo Kidd and MARBLE
- August 2nd – Shane Smith & the Saints and The Powell Brothers
- August 9th – Jelly Bread and Mbrascatu
- August 16th _The Olson Bros Band and Afton Prater
Free Summer Concert Series at Franklin Park from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Bring your picnic dinner and a blanket or lawn chair. Relax and listen to great music in a beautiful park.
- July 13th – Little Spirits, featuring Star Anna (Americana/Alt-Country)
- July 20th – Massy Ferguson (Americana)
- July 27th – Pat Moss (Rock/Jazz/Blues)
- August 3rd – The Mongrels & Co (Rock Classics)
- August 10th – Rod Giles Band (Blues)
- August 17th – Joe Brooks Quartet (Jazz)
Viva La Musica! The Yakima Valley Hispanic population brings their vibrant culture to life with their traditional music. Experience some of the Valley’s best Latino music in several of Yakima’s beautiful parks. Sunday evenings from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m., July 15 – August 19 with the finale concert on September 16.
- July 15th – Martin Solis y su Grupo Inborrable
- July 22nd – Grupo Adrenalina
- July 29th – Hermanos Gonzales
Martin Luther King Park
- August 5th – Sinceridad de la Sierra
- August 12th – Los Plebes de Tierra Caliente
- August 19th – Avion
Viva la Musica Finale at Miller Park
- September 16th – Viva la Musica Finale 4-5 p.m. Payaso Cacharro (kids entertainment and magic), 5-6 p.m. Faraones Del Norte USA; 6-7 p.m. La Tropa Chicana
MORE FREE CONCERTS
The Yakima Folklife Festival concert kicks-off Friday, July 6th at 6:45pm with Dean Johnson, Bradford Loomis and Lenore. The free festival continues throughout the weekend at Franklin Park on Saturday and Sunday, and in Downtown Yakima at various venues on Friday and Saturday evening.
OTHER FREE ACTIVITIES
Concerts aren’t the only free things to do in the Yakima Valley. Check out these family and budget friendly activities.