It’s no secret that wine and food make a great combination! Take time to enjoy a light lunch or picnic at one of the over 100 winery’s in the Yakima Valley. There is always a place to enjoy a bite in any area of the Yakima Valley that you choose to go winetasting from the Yakima Area to the southern most Red Mountain Area. Here are a few wineries offering small bites to pair with your wine in each area, as well as the best choices for filling your own picnic basket.
- Gilbert Cellars. Spend time enjoying these locally made wines, paired with their gourmet cheese plate featuring Tieton Farm & Creamery hand-made cheeses.
- Treveri Cellars. They have a selection of small plates to accompany your bubbly. Special events such as Spring Barrel weekend, Mothers Day, Sunday Brunch, Happy Hour Fridays and live music days all will have other food available for purchase.
- Wilridge Vineyards, Winery, Distillery. Food trucks on live music days, and small cheese plates other times.
- Dineen Vineyards. Wood fired gourmet pizza by Guerra’s Gourmet on Saturdays. Great view of the vineyards, surrounding hills and Mt. Adams.
- Bell Cellars. Brick oven pizza 12-5 every Saturday and on 2nd Saturday evenings during Jazz concerts.
- Milbrandt Winery. Serves charcuterie plates as you sit on their patio or in their beautiful tasting room.
- Mckinley Springs. Charcuterie plates and McKinley Springs wine are a great combination.
- Mercer Estate. Cheese plates are available for purchase, but they also encourage outside food. Plus there’s a retail space full of delightful gifts and gourmet food products.
- Alexandria Nicole Cellars. Offers breads and cheese to pair with your wine
- Walter Clore Center. Wine and food make a happy pair. Experience them both at the Clore Center and stop in for a bite. Menu created and provided by Fat Olives Catering.
- Desert Wind Winery. Serving lunches Thursday through Saturday. Cheese plates available anytime, also there is an in house chocolate shop serving artisan desserts to enjoy on the beautiful outdoor riverview patio area.
- Columbia Crest Winery. Picnic on their beautifully landscaped grounds and pick up some deli items, cheese and crackers in the tasting room.
- Hedges Family Estate. Offering a refrigerated selection of gourmet salami, cheeses, as well as olives and crackers to enjoy on the beautiful terrace in front of the French chateau overlooking the Red Mountain vineyards.
TOUR & LUNCH
- Owen Roe Winery. Offering a Winery Tour and seated tasting that includes a Chartucaterie cheese board for lunch. This is available by appointment Friday-Sunday at 12pm. Receive a private tasting, for up to eight guests of their signature wines and learn about Owen Roe’s winemaking, history and dedication to providing handcrafted wines from the estate and partnering vineyards.
- Desert Wind Winery. Try their Vineyard to Glass Tour and Seated Tasting Experience. Enjoy a full seated tasting where your wine educator will lead you through a flight of small lot wines, each expertly paired with a fine selection of hors d’oeuvres. Call to reserve this experience.
BRING YOUR PICNIC BASKET!
- Provisions Marketplace. This Farm-to-Table restaurant and market has everything you need to fill a gourmet picnic basket, from cheeses to salami, fruits and assorted crackers, salads and sandwiches and chocolate.
- Essencia Bakery. Pick up a gourmet sandwich and baked goodness to take winetasting from this locally owned bakery in Downtown Yakima.
- Panera Bread Choose from the extensive menu of soups, salads, and sandwiches to pack in your basket. Best of all, order online and avoid the line. Grab your bag from the Rapid Pick-Up shelf and you’re on your way!