Every year, the Yakima Valley celebrates the end of hop harvest with several events and one big party… and the party keeps getting bigger and bigger. Fresh Hop Beer Week is a multi-day celebration of hop harvest, the brewing industry and all things craft beer, culminating with the Fresh Hop Ale Festival on September 29th. Here’s a full list of the many events going on. So, grab a glass and get ready to party!
- Wandering Hop Brewing: Wandering Wednesday. Fresh Hop Beer Week will be moving full steam ahead and we are going all out for Wandering Wednesday starting at 3pm. Taste and See Deli and Bakery, multiple beers releasing, and a drawing for a Wandering Hop Swag Bag (Hat, Shirt, Glassware) just in time for the Fresh Hop Ale Festival. Grab your favorite Wandering Hop Hat, Shirt, Growler, Glass, Sticker, and Coaster… anything with our logo on it and take it out into the wild. Snap 3 pictures in your favorite spots showing off the logo and use the hashtag #WanderingHop on Facebook/Instagram to be entered to win!
- Berchman’s Brewing: Hop the Rock! Celebrate Fresh Hop Week with Fresh Hop Ales and Hop a Rock spirit release! Free rock art project, light bites, hop swag, and local trivia. It’s Drink Local! Drink Yakima!
- Cowiche Creek Brewing Co.: FOUR Fresh Hop Beer Releases and Tap Takeover at The Pub of Yakima.
- Fresh Hop Crown Workshop at Hop Nation Brewery Hosted by Kameo Flower Shop. Make your own beautiful hop crown! A one day only, special event, held at the Hop Nation tasting room from 6pm-9pm. Get your tickets now! Ticket includes flowers, ribbon, glue and wires to make your perfect hop crown. We will also teach you the proper storage techniques to make sure your crown is fresh for the festival on Saturday! 20% off beer during this event, food specials and brewery tours as well! Come celebrate Fresh Hop Week!
- Berchman’s Brewing. Berchman’s Fresh Hop Ales and BBQ Dinner! Fruit, cheese, BBQ ribs, baked beans, coleslaw, cornbread and key lime cheesecake. Fresh Hop Ales! $25 tickets @ Berchman’s.
- BaleBreaker Brewing: Way Two Fresh Imperial IPA Release
Taproom release party for Way Two Fresh Imperial IPA fresh hop collaboration brew with Crux Fermentation Project! Taste both versions side by side. Plus Tacos Don Chayo will be in the taproom.
- BronYrAur Brewing Fresh Hop Pale Ale will be revealed Sept. 27th at 4pm. This year’s fresh hop will be called Space Lord Hoppy Mother! You will also find it at the @Yakima Valley Hops party on the 28th, and the @Fresh Hop Ale Festival on the 29th.
- Yakima Valley Hops: Fresh Hop Beer Release and Harvest Party at the Home 40 Tap Room Fresh Hop Party at Yakima Valley Hops. 7pm-1am – Last year we had over 500 people jamming out to 3 bands while drinking some of the Freshest Fresh hop beers from the best breweries on the West / Fresh Coast. Presale admission is $15, at the door admission is $25. Music From: World’s Finest, The Black Tones, Nick Weaver, DJ Indica Jones. Featuring Fresh Hop beer from over 25 breweries plus wine and cider.
- BaleBreaker Brewing: Citra Slicker Wet Hop IPA & Piled High Imperial. Fresh Hop Ale Releases. Taproom release party for Citra Slicker Wet Hop IPA and Piled High Imperial Fresh Hop Ale fresh hop beers! Crazy Foods in the taproom.
- BaleBreaker Brewing: Crafted Hot Dogs & Festival Day (CLOSING EARLY) It’s Fresh Hop Ale Festival day! Crafted hot dogs will be in the taproom from 12-5pm, so fuel up before festivities begin. We close early at 5pm for the festival.
- 16th Annual FRESH HOP ALE FESTIVAL Downtown Yakima: The Fresh Hop Ale Festival is “One of the 10 Best Beer Festivals in the Nation!” Celebrate the Yakima Valley’s hops and support Yakima county based arts and science organizations. General admission is $45. Fun begins at 5pm.
- Hop Nation Brewery; Saturday, September 29, 2018 at 10 PM – 12 AM Calling all hop and brewing industry workers, volunteers and more…Let’s plan to celebrate what we know will be another successful Fresh Hop Ale Festival and hop season! If you’re in the industry, simply head on over to Hop Nation when the festival ends so we can commemorate another one for the books this year! Join us for drinks, food, music, games and laughs.
- Benchman’s Brewing: Beer & Bagels. Come join us for Beer and Bagel pairings the morning after The Fresh Hop Ale Festival! Bagel Bar (free)
- Bale Breaker Brewing: Guerra’s Tortas All Day. Ever had Guerra’s tortas? We’ll be treating our festival hangover all day long with these incredible fresh-off-the-farm, wood-fired tortas!