It is time to venture into the Yakima Valley for a ride on the haunted trolley, a walk thru a haunted house, trail, or corn maze. Guaranteed spine chilling fun for the whole family! Attend a Masquerade Ball or visit wine country for HalloWine or the Yakima Symphony Spooktacular performance in costume. Visit Spooktoberfest at Yakima Craft for your favorite brew or Bron YrAur Brewing for the annual Rise of the Cheese Zombies…they are wicked good!
- Madd Hatters Haunt: Haunted Trail at the DEAD end of 3rd Avenue and Ahtanum Road, Union Gap, WA.“As the electronic gate clicks into the locked position behind you and the lights violently flicker off, you may find yourself wondering if you’ll be able to make your way back unscathed…” This is the new scavenger hunt trail which starts with one clue that will take you to a character hidden on the trail, once you find it, your next clue will be hidden on that character. Find all 6 character clues to complete your game in order to be entered into a drawing for a free escape room game at Escape the Maddness. Three separate games are available for you to play on the trail. Don’t be surprised if some of the keepers of the trail don’t want you there. They may be more of an obstacle and may even point you in the wrong direction. Admission $13. 2 for $25.
- Halloween Trolley: October 27 & 28, 10-3 p.m. Annual all-ages Halloween event! Wear your costumes on this 1907 Haunted Trolley (approx. 30 minute round trip). Visit the “Haunted 1911 Power House” with its spooky decorations and refreshments after your ride. Each child that rides receives a free pumpkin. $5 per person.
- Haunted House & Carnival in Grandview, WA. 10/30 – 10/31… 5:30p.m. Games, food, prizes and fun!! There is an admission fee to the Halloween Carnival and Haunted House.
- Union Gap Corn Maze: Friday Night Frights. 7p.m. Friday, two outdoor scary movies. The 7pm movie will feature a PG film; the 9pm movie will feature a PG-13 film. Movie free with general admission.
- Union Gap Corn Maze is haunted from Wednesday thru Saturday. 7p.m.-9p.m. 13 acres of corn maze with 12ft corn stalks and… only one way out. Open from 4p.m.–7p.m. without haunting for younger children. Plus a smaller 3 acre maze for younger kids.
Symphony & Masquerade Ball!
- Hero’s & Hobgoblins, Yakima Symphony Chorus at The Capitol Theatre. 10/27, 7:30p.m. – 10p.m. – Lawrence Golan, conductor. Yakima Symphony Orchestra’s annual costumed Halloween celebration features Peter Pan, Baba Yaga, Pirates of the Caribbean and Beauty and the Beast. Yakima Symphony Chorus; Justin Raffa, chorus master.
- Masquerade Ball at Skateland Fun Center! Start shopping for your dapper attire gentlemen, and ladies please come as “The Belle of the Ball”!! Friday, October 26th. Dance the evening away with special guest DJs Qswyft GFLY Musik and DJ SECURE. Best-dressed Masquerade Attire Contest! 7pm – 9pm DJ & Dancing (No Skating), 9pm –11pm Skating.
HalloWine & Brews!
- HalloWine!!! Celebrate the annual Halloween themed wine weekend along the Rattlesnake Hills Wine Trail. Plan on attending dressed in your best costume! Visit Dineen Vineyards for wood fired pizza, Vanarnam Vineyards for a great view, Hyatt, Tanjuli, Bonair Winery, Two Mountain Winery, Covet Cellars and more. This is a themed weekend, where participating wineries ‘dress’ their tasting rooms in Halloween motif. Many tasting room staff will be in costume and some wine specials can be found along the way. There will also be Horseback Riders in costume along the trail for the7th Annual Back Country Horseman Winery and Halloween Costume Ride.
- Halloween Party at Kana Winery: Wear your costume to the Kana Winery in Downtown Yakima for their Halloween Party; you may even win a prize. Live music in the evening.
- 13 Wines and 1 Spirit – Halloween for Grown-ups at Wilridge Vineyard: Friday 10/26, at 6 p.m. and Saturday 10.27, 2 p.m.-6 p.m. Join Wilridge Vintner Paul Beveridge as he pours and tastes you through 13 different Wilridge wines. We should warn you that this tasting is not for the timid, wines will get heavier and darker as the tasting progresses and when you think you can sip no more, a Wilridge Distillery Spirit will appear and make your taste buds scream. A costume is not mandatory, but we’re cool if you feel the need to show up in one. Reservations Required.
- Spooktoberfest at Yakima Craft Brewing Co.: 10+ breweries, 3 bands, food trucks, games, giveaways, and a lot more! 10/27. 4 p.m. – 11 p.m. 21+ event. Tickets are available now!
Halloween Food – Wicked Good!
- Cheese Zombies! The 5th Annual Rise of the Cheese Zombies at Bron YrAur Brewery. Cheese Zombies, served with Tomato Herb Beer Bisque! YUM! They will be available all day on the 28th and then every Thursday after at 4 p.m.
Downtown Farmers Market Costume Contest
- Stop by the Downtown Farmers Market in your favorite costume on the LAST DAY OF THE MARKET for the season, Sunday October 28th, 2018. You must enter the costume contest by 12:00pm, for ages 14 and younger. Judging is at 12:30pm, you must be present to win. Winners will be announced in the following categories: cutest, spookiest, and biggest sports fan!
Dia de los Muertos
- Dia de los Muertos Community Celebration at Mighty Tieton on Sunday, October 28, 2018 from 12PM-5PM. View artist Fulgencio Lazo’s traditional sand painting in the warehouse. There will be face painting, dancing horses, decorated altars, local musical/dance group performances, a parade, sugar skull decorating, and a whole lot more!
- Dia de los Muertos Community Altar Exhibit in Downtown Yakima. The exhibit Open Noon-6 pm daily, with special events on October 27th and November 3rd! Dia de los Muertos is a vibrant, festive traditional celebration of remembrance in the cultures of Latino people around the world. Join us October 27th for Dia de los Muertos Face Painting from 1-3 pm and on November 3rd for a Dia de los Muertos Craft Workshop starting at 1pm!
Trick-Or Treat! October 31st
- Valley Mall in Union Gap: Haunted October Trick or Treating. Begins at 5pm at participating retailers while supplies last.
- Downtown Prosser: 3-5 p.m. Streets will be closed to car traffic and local businesses will participate in a safe trick or treating experience!