Haven’t been to the Yakima Valley in awhile? One thing is certain, change is inevitable and there are some great changes in the valley. Check out a few of our favorites!
Event Date Changes
- Hot ShotsBasketball changes event dates! The new dates for 2019 Hot Shots 3-on-3 Basketball will be June 22 and 23, 2019! This will be a great weekend for your teams to warm up and prepare for other summertime 3-on-3 tournaments! Stay tuned for online registration info, contests and more!
- Annual Yakima Folklife Festival changes festival date to June 21 to 23, 2019. Enjoy great live music all day at Franklin Park, free admission to the Yakima Valley Museum adjacent to the park, craft vendors, beer and wine garden, children’s activities and live evening music at several downtown Yakima venues. See you there!
New Places to Stay
- Overnight With Us, LLC. Choose to stay in one of the many homes they offer, located in safe, quiet areas of the Yakima Valley with comfortable furnishings. There’s something for everyone, from a private room at the Chateau and two- and three-bedroom luxury townhouses to five-bedroom estates.
- Alexandria Nicole Cellars Destiny Ridge Tasting Room and Tiny Houses. Surrounded by vineyards in the heart of Destiny Ridge (Alexandria Nicole’s estate vineyard) with stunning views of the mighty Columbia River.
- Home2 Suites Yakima Airport. This Hilton brand hotel is scheduled to open spring 2019. The hotel is being designed to comfortably host families and sports teams, along with business and leisure travelers. Featuring 107 studios and one-bedroom suites, all with kitchens featuring full-size appliances, the property also offers a swimming pool, fitness center, guest laundry, meeting facilities, indoor and outdoor lounge and free breakfast. The location makes it the closest hotel to the Yakima Airport and Sozo Sports Complex. There are many restaurants within walking distance, as well as a grocery store.
- My Place Hotel, which opened in 2018, is located adjacent to the paved 20-mile Yakima Greenway pathway. This is a three-story, 64-room extended stay hotel with modern amenities. All extended stay rooms offer their own My Kitchen, which includes a full-sized refrigerator, a two burner cook top and a microwave. Also available for the extended stay traveler are onsite laundry facilities. My Place is pet friendly and the location is within walking distance of a grocery store and close to downtown Yakima.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites – Union Gap. Enjoy 76 well-appointed rooms located close to downtown Union Gap. You’ll feel welcome the moment you enter the lobby. They take pride in providing clean, comfortable lodging with attentive service and have a meeting room available for up to 15 people. Enjoy free Wi-Fi, hair dryers and coffee and tea and the Express Start Breakfast!.
- WaterFire Restaurant & Bar Chef Derrin Davis takes inspiration from the harvests of our regional lands and waterways to create an innovative and inspired culinary experience. Expect dishes that both comfort and excite, that are both familiar and fresh, that celebrate the seasons. Located close to the Yakima Airport and Sozo Sports Center 4000 Creekside Loop in Yakima, at the intersection of 40th Avenue and Washington.
- The Public House of Yakima. With an anticipated opening in January, 2019, the Public House will offer a carefully curated selection of craft beverages and dinner. Look for them at 5703 Tieton Drive, Yakima, Washington
- Calico Cat Café. The Calico Cat Café features foods made fresh daily – and a cat adoption lounge in its own separate area! The café is an employment and job training program of Community Seeds, a nonprofit developing social enterprise for adults with autism and other disabilities. Located in Zillah, Washington.
New ART Gallery
- Artebella Art Gallery. Check out paintings, sculpture, ceramics, photography and jewelry by Washington artists. They offer small group art classes for adults in drawing, bookbinding and sculpture. Open Thursday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. or by appointment.
- Free Hand Cellars. Freehand Cellars is a new tasting room that offers their own label of wines curated by working with other local wineries to make the perfect blends of reds and whites that reflect what the Yakima Valley has to offer. They also offer beers from local spotlight breweries and a featured a winery/winemaker of the month. They’re a wedding and private events venue with a gorgeous view and a comfortable capacity of 250 guests with an excellent and inclusive private event package.
- Velen Winery. New winery opens. A tribute to winery owners’ mothers, “Mum” (Vera) and “Mom” (Helen) they create wines to embrace you like a mother’s loving arms. Located at 1381 Orchardvale Rd. in Zillah, Washington.
- Desert Wind Winery now offers lunch Thursday through Saturday from 11a.m. to 4 p.m. featuring mouth-watering sandwiches crafted on freshly baked bread. Jade’s British Girl Treats, the in-winery chocolate shop, offers delicious gourmet chocolates and baked goods that are the perfect complement to your wine country experience at Desert Wind. Jade Visser is the local, acclaimed chef behind this incredible addition to the winery. Chocolates and bakery goods are available daily from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- French Vanilla Market A frenzied mix of farmhouse and fancy! This little shop has been around for awhile, but it’s becoming a valley favorite. Find home decor, gifts, bath and body items, boutique clothing and jewelry. They host Bloomerang Vintage Market – an annual event featuring vintage vendors selling all things shabby and chic, rustic and reclaimed, busting at the seams with fun! Find homemade candles, treats and delectables from British Girl Treats, plus much more! Located in Sunnyside, Washington.
Touring the Valley
So, how do you get around to enjoy all the new things the valley has to offer?
- Elite Tours LLC. The Coach offers the luxuries of home. You can stand up and stretch out and kick back on one of five leather sofas. There is a Wet Bar with a fridge-freezer, microwave, sink and hey even have a restroom on board. Create your own event today and leave the driving to them!
- Mccormick Air Center. Offering scenic flights around the area, providing flight instruction, aircraft maintenance, and fuel, it serves both public and private air travel.
- Yakima Valley Carriage Company. Enjoy the luxurious velvet cushions of our European styled Vis-à- vis or the frontier feel of a western buckboard as you’re pulled by willing and good tempered horses creating memories that will last a lifetime. Services include wine tours, winery field days, weddings and romantic occasions, commercial, movie and special events.