Due to the inclement weather some Yakima Valley Wineries are unable to participate in the Red Wine and Chocolate Weekend. Don’t forget to check with each winery to see if they are participating.
Wow! There’s a lot going on this weekend! More than Red Wine & Chocolate this weekend, there will be beer and chocolate, the Central WA Sportsman Show and a few grand openings!!! The weekend kicks off early with Valentine’s Day events. You’ll find something for everyone during this upcoming President’s Day weekend! Plan ahead for the Yakima Valley’s biggest winter wine event; Red Wine & Chocolate. A weekend experience in wine country makes a great gift for that special someone, or a great experience for your group of friends! Here are a few highlights for this weekend including those exciting grand openings:
Red Wine & Chocolate!
- Hit the Wine Trail for Red Wine & Chocolate. Winemakers are pairing delectable confections with award-winning wines. Savor perfect pairings, from cake bombs at VanArnam Vineyards to Fran Bigelow’s Salted Dark Chocolates at Hightower Cellars. Check out the Larson Gallery Guild Tryst Event with handmade pieces of jewelry and regional artists at AntoLin Cellars and enjoy live music at Hedges Family Estate. Find more chocolate and wine pairings at more than 100 wineries in this world-class viticulture area.
- Trip Tip: Don’t forget to stop at the Visitor Information Center to pick up info about Red Wine & Chocolate events at wineries throughout the Valley, the only comprehensive map of all Yakima Valley wineries and a listing of other weekend events. This is a “bring your own glass” event. The Visitor Center is offering a Govino Stemless Travel Glass to take along which includes a wine tasting for only $5.
Beer, Chocolate and More!
- Are you more of a beer and chocolate kind of person? Bale Breaker Brewing has you covered. Bring a date. Bring a friend. Treat yourself. Dark beer & chocolate tastings with barrel-aged and dark beers on tap, specially brewed and selected by Bale Breaker’s Brew Master, Kevin Smith, and Sensory Expert, Jackie Beard. They’ll share matches made in beer heaven. No additional cost outside of a normal tasting flight and no ticket necessary. February 16 to 19.
- Experience The Pompatus of Love defined! On Valentine’s Day, Bron Yr Aur Brewing is releasing a collaboration of two different barrels of aged Stout in collaboration with a “significant other” brewery, Varietal Brewing. This is a beer blended from barrels from each brewery to make the “Pompatus of Love.” This beer will be released at BOTH breweries. Bron Yr Aur will be having a chocolate and beer pairing starting at 4pm.
- Enjoy a Valentine Flight Night: A beer pairing at Berchman’s Brewing Company where you’ll experience a delightfully paired beer flight with Valentine’s Day sweets.
- Because Valentine’s Day should be for everyone, Single Hill Brewery is hosting a week-long celebration for all the Singles out there! Pick up the new “Single AF” t-shirt starting February 12 and enjoy 20% off beers on Valentine’s Day. Take part in the Instagram Photo contest for a chance to win a White Pass Ski Area lift ticket and more.
For the Sportsmen
- You could spend the entire weekend wine tasting in the Rattlesnake Hills AVA – no rattlesnakes there, just great wine! But if you want to add another activity to your itinerary, visit the 30th Annual Central Washington Sportsman Show where there are rattlesnakes! Watch the West Texas Rattlesnake Show, an exciting, educational and entertaining performance. Yes, with live rattlesnakes! During this three-day event you can view the Northwest Big Game Trophy Antler Display, Annual Horn & Antler Competition, Daily Hunting Seminars, Hunting & Fishing Gear, Guides & Lodges, Special Show Prices on Boats, Tackle, Campers, Camping Trailers, Daily Fishing Seminars, Fly Casting Pool, Fly Tying Demos and Clinics, and special kids fishing fun on Sunday.
- Visit The Public House of Yakima during its opening week. They officially open for business February 12. Check out the selection of artisan flatbreads and charcuterie tray on Facebook.
- Visit the grand opening of Velen Winery a new winery in Zillah, WA, during Red Wine & Chocolate weekend! Offering lovely chocolates paired with their new vintage Merlot. Open Friday through Sunday, 11:30 am to 5:30 pm. Monday, please call 509.854.1120 for appointment.
- Winey Dogs celebrates their Grand Opening at Bonair Winery with gourmet beef doggies smothered in onions and red wine reduction sauce. You’ll be happy you tried this!!! Indoor seating available. Open Friday and Saturday, from 10am to 5pm and Sunday, 10am-4pm.